Dutch Council for Refugees
What we do
With more than 12.500 volunteers and around a thousand paid employees we offer refugees support during their asylum procedure and their integration in the Dutch society. We do this through projects related to language learning, integration, work, refugee children, financial literacy and return- and future counselling. In addition, we provide legal advice and information during the asylum procedure, we give advice to asylum lawyers and we support strategic litigation. The Dutch Council for Refugees ensures fair refugee and asylum policies and practices by actively advocating for the rights of refugees. Furthermore, we continue to work for a welcoming society through campaigns, public encounters and storytelling.
With one National Office, 5 regional offices, and more than 300 local branches we are active throughout the country.
Our international activities
ECRE: Influencing the European agenda
The Dutch Council for Refugees is a member of the European Council on Refugees and Exiles (ECRE). With more than 100 member organisations in 40 countries, ECRE is a pan-European alliance of NGO’s protecting and advancing the rights or refugees, asylum seekers and displaced persons. Through its office in Brussels, ECRE promotes fair and humane European asylum policies and practice.
Are you a refugee?
Are you a refugee and are you looking for information that is specifically meant for you? You can visit our website: For Refugees. It provides information for refugees in the Netherlands in 8 languages. Are you looking for any practical support during your asylum procedure or your integration in Dutch society? Please contact one of our regional offices.
Website in English
Not all sections of our website are available in English. If you like you can make use of Google Translate to view this website in English or another language. Select your language in the menu below. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us: email@example.com. Or call: (020) 346 72 00.
- Read the International Strategy of the Dutch Council for Refugees, 2021 - 2025 >>
- Read our Summary Annual Report 2020 (English) >>
- Download the Infographic about the Dutch Refugee Council >>
- 2021 - 1st edition: 'Life is really hard for a refugee' | Commitment to international solidarity >>
- 2020 - 2nd edition: ‘I see it as my life’s mission’ | Upholding refugee protection across Europe >>
- 2020 - 1st edition: Launch International Newsletter Dutch Council for Refugees >>
Our interviews and blogs
- Interview with András Léderer and Gruša Matevžič of the Hungarian Helsinki Committee (HHC): 'Hungarian transit zones closed for good: 'The zones were inhumane' >>
- Interview with Mariana of the Greek Council for Refugees: 'I see it as my life's mission' >>
Atifa lived in camp Moria and now in Greece. In this diary she writes about her life: www.dagboekuitmoria.com